You may receive the following error message when trying to amend delegate permissions in Outlook:
'The Delegates settings were not saved correctly.
Unable to activate send-on-behalf-of list.
You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object'
In order to resolve this you need to give Write Personal Information permission to the SELF account on the user who is trying to add the delegate. To do this, follow these steps:-
1. Log on to your mail server
2. Open Active Directory Users and Computers (run dsa.msc from Start > Run) and choose Advanced Features from the View menu.
3. Expand your domain and then locate the user’s Organisational Unit (OU).
4. In the right pane, right-click the user who is experiencing the delegate issue, and then click Properties.
5. Click the Security tab, locate the SELF account, and then click Write Personal Information .
Make sure the Write permissions check box is selected, and then click OK
You should now find that you are able to amend the delegate permissions.